UK Private Immigration Solicitors
Our Private immigration team is a busy team that assists clients from all over the world to navigate the vast and complex UK immigration Laws. Individuals and families who are migrating to the UK or those who are already in the UK but are either regularizing
their immigration status or applying for further leave or settlement in the UK receive advice from Solicitors from our private immigration department. For a quick chat about how the Private Immigration Solicitors can assist you in your particular circumstances,
ring us on 0161669 5079 or just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
UK ancestry visa
Who can apply?
You can apply for an ancestry visa if you fall under the following category of persons.
• be a commonwealth citizen; and
• 17 years of age or over.
• be able to prove at least one grandparent was born in the UK and Islands. The relationship with the grandparent can be by blood or recognised adoption.
• be able to work and intends to take or seek employment in the UK.
• be able to show adequate maintenance and accommodation for yourself and any of your dependants in UK.
An ancestry visa leads to settlement after five years and there are no restrictions to employment. However, you cannot switch to an ancestry visa from within the UK. You must obtain entry clearance from the British Embassy or the High Commission of your home country.
How can I apply for an ancestry visa?
Apply from outside the UK
Applications are made online and the earliest is three months before your intended travel date. You must book an appointment at a visa application centre where you will show proof of your identity as a commonwealth citizen and have your biometric information taken.
What documents must I provide?
There is no specific prescribed evidence to provide, however, you must provide compelling evidence of your ancestry. You must also provide documents to prove that you are eligible to apply for an ancestry visa.
In addition, you must also provide evidence to meet the following requirements:
• Evidence of your ability to work in the UK.
• Evidence of maintenance
• Evidence of accommodation
Can I bring my family members?
You can also bring your family and dependants with you.
We will offer you the right advice on what documents you can provide, and we will help you throughout the application process until you receive an outcome.
Settlement after five years
An ancestry visa leads to settlement after five years of continuous residence and there are no restrictions on employment. The requirement to show the applicant’s ability to maintain themselves is also relatively limited, as this could be met by just showing that the applicant will take up employment.
If you would like to apply for an ancestry visa, you can contact Hazelhurst solicitors at 01616695079 or 02089457009 or send us an email at email@example.com We will offer advice and help with the ancestry visa application process.
Can I come with my partner to the UK?
The answer is, yes. Your partner can also apply for entry clearance, leave to remain and indefinite leave to remain.
Entry clearance as a partner
The requirements to be met for entry clearance as a partner are that.
The applicant must:
1. be outside the UK.
2. have made a valid application for entry clearance as a partner.
3. not fall for refusal under any of the grounds for suitability–entry clearance; and
4. meet all the requirements of eligibility for entry clearance as a partner.
Unmarried partners must show evidence of two solid years of cohabitation.
To meet the eligibility requirements as a partner
You the applicant, your partner must be-
- Any previous relationship of the applicant or their partner must have broken down permanently, unless it is a relationship which falls within paragraph 278(i) of these Rules; and
- If the applicant is a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner, neither the applicant nor their partner can be married to, or in a civil partnership with, another person at the date of application.
In addition to the above requirements, you must also meet financial and language requirements.
Our experienced immigration solicitors at Hazelhurst solicitors will assist you with all your visa queries and your with application processing. Contact our team today by telephone on 02089457009(London), 0161669509(Manchester), or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org