Family Law

Call Us

Manchester: 0161 669 5079

London: 0208 945 7009

24/7: 0044 730 599 4100

Get a Call back

Family Law

Hazelhurst solicitors the UK Best Family Law Solicitors London is headed by Mr. Quddus Ashu who is a family law Solicitor. We advise and represent parties on a private fee paying basis and at competitive rates. 

Areas we advise on includes:

Areas we provide advice and representations on includes

Dissolution of Civil Partnership

A civil partnership can be ended by converting it to a marriage. The Matrimonial Causes Act 1973 makes provision for civil partners to seek dissolution of their relationship the same way a married couple can seek a divorce, although ending a civil partnership is covered by the Civil Partnership Act 2004. Civil partners can also ask for an order of formal separation.

What are the grounds for dissolution of civil partnership?

The grounds are like that of heterosexual couples except for adultery. This is because adultery can only be relied on as a ground if the adultery is with someone of the opposite sex.

List of grounds for dissolution of civil partnership:

• Desertion.
• Unreasonable behaviours.
• Two-year separation with consent.
• Five-year separation without consent.

Financial Settlement on Divorce

If you cannot agree on how to divide your finances, the courts can decide for you. You have to make an application to court for a court order. The court can make orders for:
• Sale of property
• Transfer of property
• A chargeback
• Spousal maintenance and
• Child maintenance payments
• Pension sharing (private pension plans or state pension).

Child arrangement matters

During divorce and separation, children’s welfare is always the paramount consideration. If the parties to the divorce cannot agree on issues concerning a relevant child, the court can make a range of orders:

Parental responsibility order

This gives parental responsibility for children to someone. It gives them legal rights and responsibility for the child. It includes matters such as: care, control, discipline and protection.

Section 8 orders (There are 3 types)

Child arrangement order :

This settles who the child will live with and when, and where the child will see a particular person- usually a parent.

Specific issue order :

This relates to ‘specific issues. it decides about the child’s upbringing such as education and medical treatment including for example whether the child should be circumcised or not. Even recent cases have included vaccination.

Prohibited steps order :

This is an order that stops a person from doing something
to or with a child. E.g., removing a child from his/her school or taking them abroad.

Other orders you can obtain are:

• Activity directions/conditions and enforcement orders.
• change of name, removal from jurisdiction.
• family assistance order.
• barring order.
• financial orders.

Prenuptial Agreements 

A prenuptial agreement is a matrimonial contract which is entered into by a couple before they enter into marriage. It is usually referred to as ‘prenup’. A Prenup dictates how assets are divided, should the marriage break down and lead to a divorce. Before you sign a prenup, ensure that you have read and understood all the clauses to the agreement and that you agree to each clause. You must keep your copy of the agreement securely and show it to your legal representative if the marriage breaks down.

Intercountry Adoptions

Intercountry adoption is sometimes referred to as international adoption or transnational adoption. It simply refers to adopting a child from another country and the adopting parent(s) becomes the legal and permanent parent(s) to the child.

We assist many people seeking intercountry adoptions. The UK currently restricts adoption from the following countries: Cambodia, Haiti, Nepal, Guatemala, Nigeria, and Ethiopia. You must follow the correct procedure because failure to do so will amount to a criminal offence.

You will need expert legal advisers and representation in your case. Our experienced solicitors will advise and assist you in all your legal procedures.

For a free preliminary consultation, call 0161 669 5079 or 02089457009 or email at, or